Tip #14: Joining a squad has many perks for you and the entire team. To join a squad, you need to open the scroll menu and select Group Manager. You can also join a squad by going next to a player you want to join, than press and hold 'T' and click on join players squad.
To enhance the enjoyment of others, we have some rules that we ask for you to follow.
This page will be constantly amended and evolved as we see fit.
If you have a question, comment, or someone is causing a disruption on the server. Feel free to contact us on our Teamspeak, Forum, looking for someone with an -[EUTW]- tag in game.
Remember that playing on our servers is a privilege and not a right you have because you bought the game.
The EUTW administration team puts a lot their free time and money to keep these in operation. If you disagree with how we operate these servers or any of the rules below, please feel free to find another place to play.
Use common sense when you are playing on our servers. If you are pissing people off with what you are doing, then it's probably considered disruptive.
- No harassing or griefing other players. However, this is a team game and calling people out for doing things which work against team elements is acceptable. Try to do so in a constructive manner.
- Insulting players, calling players names, racism, trolling, provoking or any toxic behavior is not tolerated and may result in a permanent ban.
- Do not spam unnecessary markers on the map, especially not for general messaging.
- Do not spam unnecessary sounds or chat text in ANY channel. This includes, but is not limited to, chatting, yelling, screaming, trolling, and playing music. Keep it calm and focused on the game.
- Players with names we deem offensive, are too short (Minimum 2 Characters), or the name "Admin, Administrator, non-standard characters, or unauthorized use of -[EUTW]- tags" will be kicked (Or banned in the case of multiple returns after requesting) until it has been changed. This also includes names that are in other languages as well.
- Please respect that we have many different nationalities from all over the world playing on our server. We have instituted a policy that English is the only language that should be spoken in all of the main channels (Command and Side). If you wish to speak in your native language, please form a squad and speak only in the group channel or use a teamspeak server.
- Report those breaking the rules to the admins asap with detailed information so that we can help, do not take matters into your own hands. Ask in-game if there is an admin around, hop on our Teamspeak server, or post on the FORUMS.
- Don't forget to follow all instructions from our administrator team. This is anyone with [EUTW], [EUTW-PVP], and select [EUTW-SO] members.
- If you are caught Hacking and/or Cheating this will result in a permanent ban.
- Exploiting - Our mod is a constant work in progress and there will likely be exploitable bugs. If you find something, it would be greatly appreciated if you reported it to us on our FORUMS. If you are asked by an admin to stop doing that is disrupting the game for others, it's highly recommended that you follow these instructions or be permanently banned from our servers. This also includes issues with the Arma 3 core platform with things such as glitching or duping. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for this type of behavior.
- Players that are automatically banned by Battleye for GameHack #38 will NOT be unbanned under any circumstance.
- Strictly no intentional killing or wounding of team mates. As it's part of the game, we realize this does happen from time to time with team damage enabled, so just apologize, attempt to heal if you can, and move on.
- No stealing from teammates (vehicles, backpack items, UAV's, etc.). However, stealing from the enemy on the battlefield is perfectly acceptable.
- No disruptive gameplay. If your team is complaining at you for doing something, then this is probably considered to be disruptive which you should cease immediately.
- DO NOT undermine your own team in any ways. That's including but not limited to: giving away vehicles, items or any kind of information to the enemy.
- Vehicles that are not for general use remain locked until the purchaser unlocks them. Once a vehicle is open, anyone has the ability to enter it. Stealing a vehicle or entering a position other than a passenger without the owners consent is considered to be disruptive. If you are asked by the owner to get out, please oblige that request as they may be running a squad operation that requires it.
- There are some cases when some people donate vehicles to the team in base. Typically this is communicated in the side channel. If you are unsure, ask before taking control of it.
- MHQ's are not your personal transport devices. Their overall use should be targeted at giving your team a front line spawn point for an assault. Doing any of the following with MHQ's could get you kicked (or banned in the case of repeated offenses)
- In General, it is not recommended to drive the MHQ into the middle of a point that is owned by the enemy team and/or currently undergoing an active assault. There are some cases when this gatecrashing tactic can beneficial, but most of the time it shows a blatant disregard for your team and it's likely get destroyed quickly. Let your team know what you are planning to do so and communicate accordingly.
- DO NOT drive the MHQ a short distance because you are too lazy to walk
- If you see an MHQ supporting an assault on a capture point and you have a better idea. Let your team know what you are planning to do.
- Friendly UAV's not purchased by you should not be connected to your terminal without the permission of the owner. If you are unsure who the owner is, ask in side chat. If you do take control of one and the owner asks for it back, we ask that you oblige their request and disconnect.
- Intentionally ramming any air vehicle into another vehicle (either ground or air) is forbidden and considered disruptive gameplay. This could result in a kick (or ban for repeat offenses)
- Due to view distance restrictions, air vehicles can only engage ground targets while below 1000m.
Enemy and Friendly HQ
- Intentionally running over friendlies in your own base is forbidden and considered disruptive gameplay.
- Bases are protected by automated defenses. You can try to attack them, if you feel lucky.
- Setting ambushes in the vicinity of the enemy base is allowed, but don't complain if you get killed by a player who is still invulnerable from the base protection.